Friday, November 27, 2009

Wishing you some holiday cheer!

Well, it would seem that the cold is finally upon us. I'm not gonna complain though, it is Nov. after all, and this isn't Florida. Besides, I've been told that I'm more of a winter person...as far as clothing goes that is. (Makes me wonder if that means it covers my "not a size 6" body better.)

I will admit to having a love for hoodies though. They're the best part of the winter...well, next to ice skating, but I can do that year round anyway.

**********************************************************

I think I ate more at lunch yesterday than I have in an entire day since school began. I enjoyed it as I was eating, but then afterwards I was miserable. I haven't eaten anything since. I'm still not hungry...and it's supper time on Fri! But MAN was it good! I sooo love my mom's cooking.

*********************************************************

I'm studying the book of Proverbs right now, and I'm enjoying working through it again. I want to be a wise woman of God, and I know God desires that for me, so we're working on it together.

God's been so faithful to my needs this semester. I know He's always been there for me -- providing as needs arise -- but I think my eyes have been opened more lately to how many different ways He works in my life. I've been very grateful to belong to Him.

********************************************************

Things are fixin' to get even more busy in the next few weeks around GBS. Finals, the Christmas program, work of course, and the other normal business. I can't believe how fast this semester has gone. It's been a fairly good semester, even though it's def. had it's highs and lows.

Just want to take a moment to list some of the things I'm thankful for:

-- God's patience and unconditional love
-- My family (we're in it all together)
-- My friends (they love me regardless)
-- My jobs (I don't love cleaning, but I like keeping my bills paid)
-- My car (it's only had minimal probs so far, and for that I'm very grateful)
-- My D-group (they're amazing women of God and I love them all)

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have a wonderful Christmas season!

“Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect."

~Oren Arnold

2 comments:

Issa said...

I like the gift suggestions. I'll get you forgiveness, and a good example. Heaven knows you need it. :)

Alanna said...

*sigh* sisterly love. ;)

I love reading your blog, Tiff! And I've turned off the radio and am listening to your Christmas music! Good Stuff! :)