Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Run screaming through a crowd...

As I'm sitting here listening to the rain against the window and the occasional clap of thunder, all I can think about is curling up in bed with my most comfy pj's and a good book. What is it about these kind of days that just bring on that desire? Actually I'd pretty much rather do anything than continue sitting in this class...well or than go to work. Homework even sounds more appealing at the moment. *sigh*

I love thunderstorms. I woke to a great one last night. Well technically it was about three o'clock this morning I guess. It woke me up in time to close windows, and then lulled me back into the most amazing sleep. Then of course I end up with an obnoxious alarm bringing me back to reality, but I too must join the land of the living.

Hopefully if the rain hasn't washed away all the grass seed Nichole put out this past week we'll see some fruit from her labor. I'm a bit skeptic though thanks to the let down last summer. We worked crazy hard in that back yard, and the result ended up being that the summer was crazy dry and the grass didn't make it. Let's hope this summer is better.

So I started a new job last week. I think I'm going to like it, but I'm still in limbo. The lady seems great, the kids are nice enough, but she's already changed my schedule several times and that's going to get old I think. I'm blessed to have the extra income though.

OK, so I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've been trying to find out what God's planning for my future. A lot of what I've always thought I'd be doing, or perhaps even hoped I'd be doing, has changed. I feel like I'm starting to have some direction and it's exciting, but also rather scary as well. So if you care to, feel free to remember me in your prayers as I'm trying to find God's will and continue in the steps He leads.

Anyway, guess it's back to class...sort of. Maybe I'll escape and go play in the rain...

0 comments: