Monday, September 7, 2009

By: Unknown

Ever wonder what will be remembered about you once you're dead and gone? Or to be a little less direct...once you've "passed away" or are "no longer with us"? (My little brother actually told me today that Lenny had "passed away"...and yes, sad but true - Lenny is no more. We're not exactly sure what caused his untimely demise.)

I assume most of us hope to be remembered in a positive way, perhaps for something we did, something we inspired, how we lived, or a culmination of all three and then some. (I don't suppose most people strive to be remembered in a negative fashion, but then again there are some coming to mind that might have been aiming for just that...I've no idea for sure.) All in all, though, people want to be remembered. They want their life to have meant something, or touched someone...

...so what will people remember about me? What legacy am I leaving behind? Will my life have mattered and changed anything at all?

I know God has a plan for my life, and I fully intend to follow it. Right now I don't know the exact specifics of that plan, but He has given me a peace about being at Bible college. I know this is what He desires for me at this point.

I know that if I stay true to Him I can leave behind a beautiful legacy, and I can change at least my little part of the world. In fact, as I sit here a thought just occurred to me, what if people don't remember me, but instead remember God's grace and mercy in my life? That would be an amazing way to "go out".

My new hope is to be Unknown for God.

1 comments:

Issa said...

while the post was nice, you know me. I got distracted in the first line. I was thinking . . . I should name a kid Unknown, or maybe Anonymous, so that they could take credit for all those things.
Author Unknown. "hey I didn't know you were an author"
By Anonymous, "that was really good Anonymous"
What do you think?