Saturday, March 26, 2011

Five twee-zay!

Last night I had so much fun! I went to Winter Jam with two friends and had a blast. I really love how they can mix complete entertainment and fun, with deep reverence and worship and come out with the right balance.

Tony Nolan did such a great job with the message portion of the evening, the performers were all really great (Newsboys were stinkin' FANTASTIC), KJ-52 was an awesome hype man, and the speakers were deafening. I love loud music, but I always leave concerts feeling like I'm yelling and everything I'm listening to is under water.
I rather enjoyed Kutless's version of It Is Well, also liked the new people I'd never heard before, and feel in LOVE with Jason Castro...or was it just his dreads? Hmm...well either way he was great.

Which brings me to my next point...I'm thinking about doing dreads this summer. Before you start into how dirty they are or how gross your hair has to be to do them...PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. That's simply inaccurate. Anyway, I was hoping for a little feed back about thoughts on this. Also and feed back from people that either have them or have had them and can share pros/cons would be great!

So back to Winter Jam...I met KJ-52 after the concert and bought a CD/tee combo, so I had him sign the CD. I got a pic too, but it wasn't on my camera, so I'll have to add it once I get a copy. It was great though. I wish he'd have been one of the main acts, but alas...twas not so. Anyhow, it all made for an enjoyable evening.

What have YOU done lately?

3 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

I think you could do some awesome dreads. And I love good dreads. MMM-hmmm.

And I agree that WJ was awesome.

And we need to hang out.

Issa said...

NOOOOOOOO!!! Think how hard they will be to get out! Talk about a perm messing up your hair forever -what do you do post dreads?

TKB said...

We DO need to hang out Mel! I'm thinking even another movie/pizza night w/the girls would be fun! :)

And I appreciate the variety in your responses about the dreads...I have to say though, that I've heard you argument before Nichole...sorry! :)