Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Main St. Crew

Some of you may know that I've been the leader of Main St. kids club since half way through this past summer. There have been highs and lows, tears and laughter, but I feel like I've learned so much.

I've learned several things I'm absolutely NOT cut out for...and then many things that I'm actually good at. (I usually struggle with thinking the bad out weighs the good where I'm concerned, but I suppose that's typical human thinking.)

This past Sunday we had a really good turn out. Several of the regulars didn't come so I'd been concerned that we wouldn't even have anyone to teach. I was hoping to make Valentine cards with the kids that afternoon if we had any show up...which thankfully we did!

















It was sooo much fun! The workers were great, and really worked well with the kids that day, and the kids seemed to enjoy something hands on for once.












We have two to three girls for each guy that works at Main St. but all the workers are so needed! I'm learning what each one is best at and most comfortable with, and what to ask of whom. I think that's been one of my biggest hang ups in this ministry, trying to know what to delegate to whom, but I'm getting much better at this...and my workers have been patient. I wouldn't have gotten very far w/o Brittany as my co-leader though...she's helped push me when needed(which is often!).







Here are some pics of their finished projects. I was so impressed by Christina's card...w/o anyone even suggesting it she chose to make a Valentine for Jesus...I loved it sooo much! She left it at the church, telling me that she was leaving it for Jesus...







when I came back from walking them home I tried to find it to take back with me, but it wasn't anywhere! I guess Jesus took it...

1 comments:

Alanna said...

aww - how sweet! It looks like you're doing a great job. It was cool seeing some familiar faces. :)