Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Valentine's Day To Remember

It started out like any other Saturday. I slept in(ish), got around slowly, then remembered - well technically I was reminded - that I had to get dressed and have Dad drive me to the BMV within the hr. or else...

~The night previous I had pulled into my parents driveway only to be directly followed by flashing lights and a police car. He, oh so kindly, asked if I was aware that my plates were expired?...and had been -- since August! (apparently unbeknown to me this is tied to my B-day! How cruel...) He then suggested that I retrieve my father from inside the house.
Much to my relief Dad and the officer knew each other and I was given a break, but informed that had this happened on the highway my car would've been towed and Dad would've been picking me up from the police station!!!~

Anyway, my day was relatively normal from this point on...until the evening came.

I attended Peter Pan at the Cincy Ballet with my sisters. It was fun, funny, well done, captivating, etc. but the best part of the evening had to do w/parking.

See, being rushed to get to our seats on time I decided to find the closet parking garage available. Observing that is was Valentine's Day, I assumed that $8 for parking was about the norm so I didn't hesitate to pull in.
At this point Nichole finally decides to point out that this is a valet parking garage! Somehow I totally missed those signs...



The best part of this is the grand finale -- picking up my car. (Not sure how many of you have seen or ridden in my car, but for those who haven't - both fenders are dented and have questionable paint either missing or added to them, the passenger door is **dented, there is a missing hubcap, at this point it hadn't been washed clean of the winter road salt, and to top it off its a Ford Contour!)

Now imagine -- I pay for its pickup, stand watching for it, and suddenly I realize there are Mercedes and Mustangs(all washed, waxed, and hubcapped) rolling out for the claiming. Suddenly it dawns on me - my car was soon to follow!

I quietly began begging Nichole to drive it, which she flatly refused to do.

Finally, following the brand new Mustang, my car arrived.
I darted into the driver's seat asap...only to sit waiting on my siblings! But this gave me an amazing view of the line up of patrons, who happened to be enjoying a very good chuckle by now.

Proudly I must say, my little red car did not squeal in rebellion to acceleration that night. I think Carroll and I were on the same page for once -- she needed to stay voiceless as we made our escape...

**I bought the car with this feature

1 comments:

Alanna said...

Hilarious!!