Sunday, February 15, 2009

No turning back

God is working in my life! I'm so excited to share with you all!

As many of you may have heard in a recent testimony I gave in chapel, I have been struggling with a "dry spell" in my walk with God.

I know my faith is not based on my feelings or emotions and for that I truly thank God, but as most of you would probably agree, feeling God's presence is something to be craved!

I know there are always days that you feel as if your prayers bounce right off the ceiling and land at your feet, but as I've been reminded over and over again -- we must never give up!
My heart might feel lost and alone, but thankfully I'm learning to condition my head to remind my heart that God is still there...that's not going to change.

I have been facing this inner battle of emotion for many months now, but God has been good! He's never left my side, and He's provided the encouragement and advice that I've needed to press on. I'm not sure why I have been facing this, but I do know that it's given me a desire and determination to seek God's face until I find Him, and I've made a commitment that should I never feel His presence ever again, I WILL continue to follow Him!

"Though none go with me, still I will follow. No turning back, no turning back!" This was brought to my mind this weekend...

4 comments:

Alanna said...

thank you for sharing your heart, Tiff. I've been going through a bit of a dry spell too. Different emotions and thoughts, but I too, want to serve God regardless of emotions and feelings I have. He is completely worthy of my all.

Megobuddy said...

I think it was a sermon illustration someone used in chapel awhile ago, about the three men praying at the altar.
The first man praying was a new convert. As Jesus walked passed He laid His hand on the man's shoulder as a reassurance. To the second man He only whispered his ear. But for the third man He didn't do anything but walk right by. Christ knew that this man's faith was strong enough to endure absolute silence from God. This man was so firm in his walk with Christ that despite the "dry" circumstances he wasn't going to turn back or doubt the presence of God.

I love this illustration! No matter if I hear from God or not I can know that He is still with me; walking with me leading me along. I, too, am glad that this relationship isn't based on emotions!

TKB said...

Thx Meg...I must've missed that chapel service -- go figure! I really like that illustration though...I'm glad you shared it.

Issa said...

Always nice to hear you affirm your faith and as a direct result reaffirm mine.