Saturday, April 18, 2009

A new chai

I was thinkin'...(hardeehar -- quit snickering!)

See, at this junction in life I'm approaching burnout, I can feel it. I've been dutifully working away on school work for almost three yrs. (interpret dutifully any way you'd like)and its all becoming blah. I'm loosing interest. I'm feeling listless -- lethargic -- lackadaisical.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't completely quit caring about everything.

I still very much care about my family and friends. I try to be a good daughter/sister/friend(don't always -- maybe even rarely -- succeed, but w/e). I enjoy hanging out, I enjoy being involved in my kids club(most days), and I even enjoy working...some. But I'm tired of classes. I just don't seem to care anymore.

I do care about my grades though, however I find myself squeezing the life out of my concern in order to nurture my disinterest.
My mind keeps yelling, "Why does it matter?!?" and "Why do you need this stuff?!?". I wish I could just push myself into being driven, but I'm lacking the drive...

Today I basked in the sunshine at a new coffee house. Mel suggested it, and the group agreed. Iris Bookcafe. Neat place. Quiet, friendly, artistic...I will be back. Thai pumpkin soup...and I got to try a soy chai at yet another place. Both were good. A very enjoyable afternoon. Fit my mood and lackadaisicalness.















3 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

That's my new favorite hangout... let's keep them in business.
I know you can stick it out. Keep up the good work.

Issa said...

wishing I were somehow there again,
knowing it can never be,
la la la laaa
laa la la laaa
laa la laa laaaaaaa la laaaa
(I never knew those words anyway.)

Ike said...

Yeah! I'm on your blog!