Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thoughts running through my head...

When something or someone becomes important to you, life gets complicated.

God gave us so many "tools" within our finite selves, and oft times we forget how much we have control over how we use these powerful tools -- things such as love, passion, and drive. We apply them to all aspects of life: people, hobbies, sports, pets, life in general.
Along with these tools we must never forget that God has given us the gift of free will. I believe that God created these powerful emotions, feelings, and drive so that we could use them to worship Him...

BUT -- it seems all too often we wrongly prioritize how we share these gifts. All too often we love our family, our friends, our jobs, schools, homes, cars, money, hobbies, sports team, and even church, more than we should.

The love, passion, and loyalty that God so rightly desires from us is often given to another as He watches on.
He will not force our loyalty to be His own, but how it must break His heart to see the meaningless, trivial things that we choose over Him!

I, myself, am so very guilty of misplacing where my loyalties lie. It seems all too easily I begin to allow other things to creep in on the time and devotion that I have for my Saviour, until suddenly it will come to the surface and I finally realize my unfaithfulness to my Father. Usually its because something I've planned out crumbles on me, or perhaps someone I have faith in fails me.

These are the times I find myself running to my Strong Tower, my High King.

And God is so loving and kind. He is always patiently waiting for my love's return. He is always ready to mend my broken heart. He is faithful and so good to this undeserving soul!

I know I'm going to stumble and I know I'll make some mistakes, but I am pledging my loyalty to God, my Heavenly Father.

No matter the earthly pain I must suffer, I desire to be wholly His, and with His help, to never let anything or anyone take first place in my life over Him.

I am thankful for these reminders and challenges He sends my way. Anything God intends to use to make me stronger and draw me closer to Him is of course for my benefit, so I will face it, and knowing He will be at my side, I will conquer it!

0 comments: