Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 1 of our trip

Well, we made it.

My family and I arrived in Thomasville, NC at my aunt Cindy's house a little after noon on Thurs.
Our trip seemed to go by fairly quickly, and I enjoyed the time with my family. (I did find out that as I age I lose more and more of my ability to sleep in the car.) We passed the time listening to some Brian Regan, followed by Mark Lowry, and finally with some good ole' Barr family humor. We reminisced about family camping trips, cook outs, pets, and moving. Everything and anything under the sun was fair game. It was nice to just talk and enjoy each other.

After we arrived we visited for about an hour and then went to the dorm where we're staying to unload. Nichole and myself decided to cousin-nap Anthony and force him to take us to the Goodwill. We ended up stopping at the Shoe Department to surprise another cousin, Kimi, that works there as the manager. (Nichole scored a nice discount due to this.)
That evening we had a bonfire and some more family time. It was followed up with a cousin viewing of Madagascar 2. All in all, our first day here was a lot of fun, and I must say its quite nice to be back in the south...

*Pics will be added asap

0 comments: