Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Last blog b/f heading home...

The Barr gypsies will be heading home in just a little while. First we thought we'd have one last family adventure. We're fixin' to head to the local flea market.

Should be fun! The south has great flea markets, and its been far to long since I've been to one. On the downside, we've been prohibited from purchasing anything large due to the confined space in which we must travel home. (but Nichole thinks she's bringing back some chicks...)

I'm content with my souvieners at this point. I have a new jean skirt, some flowers from Papa's funeral, CDs from a thrift store, and a jar of red clay. (the family is also bringing back some Duke's mayonise and canned boiled peanuts)

On a side note, I've been using my contacts more and more this trip...mostly due to the absolutely amazing weather which just begs one to wears sunglasses and flip flops -- I obeyed.

Anyway, I'm not quite ready to leave yet, but I do miss all my wonderful Cincy friends and can't wait to see you all. Until then...

4 comments:

That Girl In Switzerland said...

Hey, babe...was really sad not to be with you all last week, but it's good to hear you're doing ok, and spirits aren't as low as they could be.

Ahh...flea markets, eh? Did N get her chicks? Stephanie Grosso and I almost bought a goat at the one in Thomasville once! Good times, good times.

TKB said...

Hey right back at ya! I really wish you coulda' been there. And yeah, things are better...not perfect, but spirits are higher.

As far as N getting her chicks, yes, she did. And she basically had to hold them in a box on her lap the whole way home. Crazy girl! I wanted a duck, but we didn't find any.

(Imagine holding a goat from NC to Cincy...)

That Girl In Switzerland said...

Was just sitting here when all of a sudden I get this great email that tells me my cuz has sumthing to say to me...!! So exciting! Can you even believe how fast I'm responding??? (I have made a 24th birthday pact with myself to be better with correspondance.)

A duck...I could see you with a pet duck...ribbon around its neck and everything...walking it down the lane on Easter...

and all I can say about the goat mental image is HAHAHA

xoxo, cuuuz

TKB said...

Its really too bad I don't have your lighting quick reflexes...(responses?)

So the big 2 4 huh? Gettin' up there are we? I remember when Uncle Phillip was 24...ah those were the days. I was able to run barefoot through the red clay, and build forts in the woods. Why can't life stay so simple?

I hope you have a good b-day! Sorry your family can't be with you. I know that would have been cool for you AND them.

Hope all is good in your world across the seas...

Love ya!