Monday, March 23, 2009

Just rambling

That's it!!! I can't take it anymore!!!

I miss my blog...

****************************************************

Sooo...(read it slowly, raising raising your inflection at the end)

I had tons of hw to catch up on(tests, quizes, etc.) upon returning from the sunny south, but that is pretty much behind me now. Thankfully! I had planned to post lots of pics from my trip on here, but I think since I've loaded most of them into one of four(and counting) new albums on facebook I'm just gonna let you view them on there. It's far and away too much work to put them on here as well. Try this link to view them

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photos.php?id=526240420

and let me know if that doesn't work. Or just go to my facebook profile page and click on my albums. I may or may not add a few more on here...we shall see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so incredibly happy about the beautiful weather God sent us! I've looked for every possible excuse to be outside, and most days haven't found enough reasons by time I have to go to bed that night.

It sure did seem easier when I was a child...we didn't even have good reasons, we simply went outside and then made up the reason once we were out there. I reminisced with my cousins in NC about "tepees" we made in the woods(they sure seemed bigger than what they are in pictures), the creek at Nanny and Papa's, and even the neighbor's noisy donkeys.
We used to have so much fun doing absolutely nothing really. Wonder how life snuck up on me and change everything so efficiently?

Now my brain demands a reason to do most anything and everything. It has to be rational. Spontaneity is to be frowned upon for the most part. That, my friends, is no fun whatsoever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, all that said, I mentioned something along the above lines to my friend a little over a week ago, and she decided to jump on the band wagon(she's actually been on this band wagon for a looong time now), and help point out things that I can do to start being "spontaneous". Allow me to share some examples...(none of which I actually did mind you!)

1)Sneak out of the dorm after curfew to go to McDonalds
2)Push her in a buggy(cart...w/e!) around IKEA and Costco
3)Learn to jump into a convertible while the tops down w/o opening the door
4)Go dumpster diving
5)Do a Chinese fire drill (I've done this b/f but not recently)

I have however, been driving down the highway and caught up with a car, driven beside them honking and letting her wave crazily from the passenger window(we had another friend helping wave in the backseat as well), taken pics of her on a display toilet in IKEA and in their display shower...I've listened to her sing very loudly in a store and played Marco Polo to find each other(apparently cell phones aren't good enough). We've gone driving just to drive, and laughed over the stupidest things!
As I sat thinking about my interaction in all this I've realized something. I'm that friend who will be there through the stupidity, half-heartily participate, whole-heartily laugh about it, and probably tell you its a bad idea...but I enjoy being there and I think my role is needed.
I could probably join in more(if I could overcome my own embarrassment), but I don't have to -- I am me and I like being me.

I know this was a lot of rambling, but it was whats on my mind today...so take it or leave it.

5 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

Let me guess, would this friend happen to be someone who we all know and love, who's name I will not mention, but it starts with a B? LOL #5 on your list is kind of fun. I could give you a few more ideas if you want.

TKB said...

weird...I thought I'd been so vague. :D

...and I'm sure she'll add to my list b/f the weekend even. In fact we had a plan for tonight, but then she got a conscience....lol

Issa said...

Tiff, we so totally need to buy a lobster and set it free in the store, I've been dying to do that for ages!!

Issa said...

btw love your pic

TKB said...

TOTALLY!!! (and which pic would that be?)