Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On rain and hairspray

Have you ever been stuck out in the rain after having applied a little too much hairspray (or gel for some of you) that morning? It's not all that pleasant I must inform you - nothing quite like the taste of hairspray running down your face into the corners of your mouth.

 

Reminds me of youth camp actually…all those lovely days playing tug of war in the mud and rain - what's not to love?!?

Can't believe I'm not getting to enjoy that this summer. How time's change! Now it's my little sis that gets to enjoy these things, while I'm stuck here working. *insert sigh here*

 

I love the rain. And I'll deal with the hairspray. It's the work I wish I could quit. Oh to be able to sleep in until forever, and to really honor a rainy day by never getting out of my pj's and snuggling up with a cup of coffee and a good book! Why didn't I take advantage of the days back when I didn't need money to pay bills? Alas, it does no good to dwell on such things.

 

Instead I will write. I have a story I'm working on. It's one that I will probably never finish or share with anyone. I find that kind therapeutic for some reason…


3 comments:

Issa said...

I thought it ironic that the hairspray running in the rain was made by Rain.
You never enjoy days in your childhood like you would now, because what would be enjoyable now would have been unbearable then - the punishment for being sick. (not to mention what ten year old drinks coffee. Well, maybe a few.)

Issa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TKB said...

Apparently our ten yr. old sis, that's who! I sat down to enjoy a nice cup of coffee w/Mom this evening and Letha asked if she could have some too, so Mom fixed her some. It was basically milk w/a little coffee to flavor it, but I almost freaked out! :-0