Monday, November 10, 2008

Ba Hum Bug!

So Halloween is over...big deal!!! Let's wait just a bit ppl for the Christmas cheer. I hate walking into a store, any store...specifically Walmart and seeing Christmas lights, trees, decorations of every shape, size, and color, and yet it's only 12:01 AM on the 31 of Oct. OK, maybe it's not quite that bad yet, but it's close, very close! I mean, come on, the candy is still be stored in the plastic pumpkin bucket!

Oh, and the music! Can't we just celebrate Thanksgiving first then progress from that point? Do we really need Christmas music this early? Even I understand the whole "Christmas in July" effect...but it ain't July!!!

*Sigh* Along w/this rushing of holiday cheer comes the cold weather, and this too causes me much grief. See, I enjoy a well balanced climate...one where I can wear a single outfit -- instead of three and calling it "layering".
Not to mention this chill in the air brings forth the invariable roasting of the female dorm students. (Actually many still complain that their rooms are freezing, while others of us open windows, pack away our blankets, and turn on fans throughout the winter months)

I suppose I am the campus "Scrooge" and will be completely disagreed w/on this subject, but I don't care. Scrooge stood alone(until the end of the story where he had to go and change his point of view!), and so shall I!

And don't even get me started on snow...grr

3 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

Paranoid
–adjective 1. of, like, or suffering from paranoia.


Why are people so fixated with chronology? There was a time when time did not exist. It may go out of existence again. Let's practice not caring whether things happen in order or not.

Sam said...

I uh...do find the Christmas items coming out early, but chronology is not the world!

Diane Wood said...

ha ha finally i find someone to share my scroogeness with. i agree completely. people steal all the attention that thanksgiving should be getting by acting like the only holiday after halloween is Christmas. i mean hello! if i was thanksgiving i would be very hurt. i think all of us should be more considerate of thanksgiving's feelings. maybe he is getting bummed. he might give up being a holiday forever and that would just be sad.