Monday, December 8, 2008

How to cook a peacock: By A. Bored Student

I really like Starbucks lemon loaf. Especially the icing. (Lemon anything is usually good)

Coffee Emporium has wonderful everything...OK, I'm sure that's not completely accurate. Besides I've never gotten to try everything, so how would I know anyway? One of these days, when I'm rich, I plan to waltz right in there and order one of everything...that'd be fun. Wonder how they'd handle that order...


As I type Britt stands holding a nerf gun trying to shoot anything and everything that she can get the darts to stick to. It's particularly funny to watch her sight it in and aim for for own eye...by aiming at the mirror.

This is only one sign of the restlessness that is taking over the dorm. I, myself, prefer denying the fact that there even is such a thing as homework or finals. Instead, I blog. I read. I chat. I dance with glee to Christmas tunes...uh, not really. (I just sort of bob my head in time with the music.)


*In honor of Nichole:

I made myself a snowball,
As perfect as could be,
I thought I'd keep it as a pet,
And let it sleep with me.

I made it some pajamas,
And a pillow for its head,
Then last night it ran away,
But first - it wet the bed!


(Written by Shel Silverstein)


I wish I had a block of sharp cheddar cheese and some Dr. Pepper...

My family likes cheese. I don't have a fridge to keep it in though. My room kinda feels like a fridge though. I usually leave the fan running. This is due to the fact that I enjoy white noise. The hum of my computer isn't loud enough. I just wear warm pj's and leave the fan on...besides then I can sled in my room. And keep cheese in the dresser...

4 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

Whereas I procrastinate by reading your amusing blog.
Yet another good post.
Love the poem.

Alanna said...

Whereas I also procrastinate - I usually reward myself. Like once I get this done, I'll surf or do something other than HW for a little, then I'll finish up here and move to the next thing on my list. *sigh*

Shel Silverstein is pretty good. :)

And sharp cheddar cheese does sound very good - i'm such a munchie. (as she rummages in the fridge and cupboards!)

Alanna said...

P.S. I like your music. I just listened to Jingle Bells by Barbra Streisand - never quite heard Jingle Bells like that! :)

TKB said...

I love that version of Jingle Bells!

I once heard it on the radio and the DJ followed it up with "And that was Barbra Streisand on Speed..." I found it amusing and think of it every time I hear it.