Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My frosted evening

I must say that snow is not my favorite thing. Most ppl know this by now, but it's interesting to try to get them to realize that I'm very serious about it. Most assume I'm over exaggerating my disdain for the white, fluffy substance -- I am not.

For instance, this afternoon my lovely dorm neighbor(not the across-the-hall buddy) was absolutely ecstatic and dying to go sledding the second she thought there was enough to slide on. This was of course a sport she thought I needed to join in on. Ba hum bug! I didn't enjoy this as a child, and I still don't. What is so great about frozen underwear anyway?!?
Since coming to school I believe I have only gone sledding once(unless you count tubing at Perfect North) and I think that was due to momentary insanity. Needless to say, I didn't join my fair friend...I'm sure she enjoyed it more without me whining.

**************************************************************

My frosted evening, however, was exactly what the doctor ordered(or would have ordered if I even had a doctor). I spent it at some friends house, along with my all-to-happy-about-sledding buddy. We had some great hamburgers for dinner, and then just relaxed, chatting and playing with Tinkertoys...OK only me and the two yr. old really played much.
I had so much fun. I was in a warm and safe house, with cozy lighting, festive decorations, and ppl I love. We laughed, teased, and just enjoyed the company. It was one of those evenings that made me truly relax, and simply enjoy the little things.
We played the dice version of Phase Ten, which was new for me, but it was fun too. I liked that it wasn't something we had to be completely focused on, we could play leisurely and still chat as topics arose.
All in all, the evening was a exactly what I needed. A perfect end to a cold and slushy day, complete with hot chocolate and extra marshmallows...but no cookie dough.

0 comments: