Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Life! It's wonderful...

On Christmas Eve I did something I've never done before...I watched It's A Wonderful Life.
After having admitted this to several of my friends they urged me to join the multitude that considers this one of the holiday musts. Never one to be left behind(actually I was incredibly bored), I joined the masses.

To be honest, it would never have been one of my favorites, but I did enjoy it. It had that classic feel, and was of course thought provoking.

After it was over I kept wondering who all my life has touched, and in what way? Positive, negative, anything noteworthy?

Some days I would love to have the chance to see what the world would be like w/o me.
It might make me feel better for being here after all...but in the corners of my mind I wonder -- would I feel better?
Did I change or help anything at all?
What kind of affect do I leave on people that I cross paths with?

This isn't a movie I will probably watch over and over, but I will think about it. What kind of impact am I leaving and what kind do I want to leave?

How bout' you...are you proud of how you've affected/are affecting those around you?

0 comments: