Thursday, January 22, 2009

D-groupies

Just thought I'd let you all have a glimpse of the secret goings on in my V-group...er D-group(Discipleship group). Here are a few pictures I took last night at our first gathering of the semester.












I really like this D-group. The girls are great, and very honest. You can sense the desire of everyone to do God's will and to have more of Him. I really appreciate this!

Not to mention, we have a fantabulistic leader!!! Ms. V is so good at allowing for fellowship, humor, etc. while still being able to bring things around to whatever our topic for the evening happens to be. She's also good about having some form of handout that we follow.

I like that so that I can cement it in my head better by reading along with, writing down thoughts, and being able to look back. I tend to have about a thousand thoughts come to mind throughout our meetings and it's nice to write some of it down, or to have a memory trigger from the handout. All in all I think I'm in just the right D-group for me this year, and for that I'm thankful.

4 comments:

Alanna said...

love your word fantabulistic! And glad you're in a great D-group. It's so nice to have friends who encourage you in your walk with God.

TKB said...

I'm glad you like my word...it's been a part of my repertoire since b/f I can remember picking it up. :D

I am so happy with my D-group! I miss it when we can't have it. It sure is nice to be backed up with Godly friends!

Brittany said...

All I can say is that if you were in my D-group and Doris came along I would send Doris to an early grave. I very strongly dislike Doris! I love the almost genuine but can't quite swing it smile on a D-group member.

Leanna said...

Wow! I was almost jealous of your awesome d-group until I remembered my own fantabulistic d-group:) We have coffee and icing and graham crackers not to mention a very charming little boy to play with...and well its just pretty much fun. What could be really cool is a bonding of these groups for a special evening! Love your blog-it's so great!