Monday, January 19, 2009

High tech generation...

I don't mean my generation. I'm talking about my parents...and their parents. (No, I'm not kidding.)




My Grandma worked for years doing bookkeeping for the Salvation army, so she had to learn to adjust and keep up with the changing technology -- or get left behind. Amusingly enough she did just that. There are plenty of new things since her retirement that she's not familiar with now, but she makes up for that in other areas. For instance, her cell phone...my Grandma has a cell phone, AND she knows how to text message...AND she sent me picture mail the other day as well!!!




What's that saying about "teaching"...and "new tricks," or something like that? She's one high tech granny in her circles. And I love it!

Grandpa can text too. I haven't received any picture mail from him yet, but maybe it's on its way...

My Mom's generation is a fairly tech savvy anyway, but on occasion I still enjoy watching them try to keep up. She's good with her cell phone, and finally figured out how to change her call tone from that boring ringing the caller hears to some lively Amy Grant tune. This amused me. Now on top of that she's created a blog(with a little help from me, but not all that much really)! It can be found at:

http://thebarrseven.blogspot.com/

I can't seem to become more advanced than my predecessors...they're just too smart for me -- and I may be lacking the desire. No matter the cause for my lack of advancement, I just couldn't resist bragging on my family...they do a Generation "Y" child proud...






Anyway, check out my Mom's blog and let me know what you think...it's funny cause the music is sooo her(that's where I get most of my musical tastes)!

0 comments: