Sunday, January 18, 2009

Home is where....?

Here's a look at a few of the houses I've lived in around Cincy. I was driving past one, and decided to snap a pic of the ones that are near by. I'm still missing at least two I can think of...maybe more.

Home Sweet...dorm. (This was actually the first home I had in Cincy...my whole family lived here for several weeks while looking for a house. This was during the summer, so we lived on 2nd floor.)




My first ever apartment! (along w/my sis -- and a friend for a few weeks)


249 Bodman (My family bought this together with my aunt and uncle. We lived in the top two floors and they lived in the bottom.)


The One Roomer (This was a one room apartment that we lived in while looking for a bigger house. My parents and Letha shared a room and the rest of us girls had the "dining room" as our abode. We had shifts for eating in the tiny kitchen...wow!)



I may try to track down the other houses, but probably not...it'd be interesting if I had a pic of every house I've lived in. That'd take forever though, and cost a ton.

In looking at these pics, I realized that my "Home" is GBS. I've moved a lot and never really knew where home was, but in the past few years I think I've figured it out. Home is where your heart is...and right now my heart is at GBS.
No matter how far away, or how many years go by, I'm pretty sure I will always be able to walk back onto "the hilltop" and feel right at home.

I have grown so much in my years here, both intellectually and spiritually. I've been challenged, pushed, and encouraged, I have had opportunities to stretch and grow like never before, some ending in triumph, others in what felt like complete and total failure, but no matter how things have turned out, I'm still here -- every day. I have friendships that will last a lifetime, and memories that will be a bright spot in those lonely, dark moments sure to come.

I am not the same person I was when I walked onto this campus that sunny Monday morning in August 2006. I am smarter, stronger, and closer to God. I am so very blessed and for every blessing I am incredible thankful!

3 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

Crazy gypsy. :p

Issa said...

We sat down last Sunday to try to count all the pets we've had, but they were remebering them by house, then they couldn't keep that in order so we went back through and made a list of all the houses they've lived in (with road names or nicknems,i.e. "brooks house") So you should totally check out the list. Btw you have all the cincy houses, not counting mom and dads two from current period but your missing the two in ky little/big. they were on short vine.

Megobuddy said...

I must agree with you, Tiffany, about GBS being home. It definitely has become home for me too. Having two homes growing up made it hard to have just one place I enjoyed being at. We also moved several times (not nearly as many as you, though), which made it even harder to have a place called "home."